This is an important matter to us at Scott Myles Interiors UK, and here we explain some of the elements we cover in our business.
Scott Myles Interiors UK recognises that business activities have both a direct and indirect impact on the environment through energy use, waste produced and the activities of our supply chain.
We will, through good management, minimise this impact and create a cleaner, safer and healthier working environment. We are committed to continually improving our environmental performance and preventing pollution to land, air and water as a result of our activities.
Health and Safety
Scott Myles Interiors UK is committed to providing the highest standards of Health and Safety and will comply with all statutory duties on Health and Safety.
We will provide Safe and Healthy Working Conditions for our employees and the self‑employed working under our control and will ensure that the conduct of their work does not endanger employees of others and the public.
Sufficient time and resources will be allowed for health and safety and the Company will:
- Ensure adequate risk assessments have been carried out and appropriate control measures are in place to control risks arising from our work activities.
- Consult with our employees on matters affecting their health and safety.
- Provide and maintain safe plant and equipment.
- Ensure safe handling and use of substances.
- Provide information, instruction and supervision for employees.
- Ensure all employees are competent to do their tasks, and give them adequate training.
- Aim to prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health.
- Maintain safe and healthy working conditions.
- Ensure that any deliberate breach of health and safety rules and procedures lead to disciplinary action.
- Review and revise this policy as necessary at regular intervals not exceeding 2 years.
Scott Myles Interiors UK aims to be the preferred provider of building and related services in the East of England.
One of the key objectives in meeting this aim is to recruit and train employees that can fully meet the expectations of our customers and business partners.
We recognise the contribution employees make to our success and that to maintain a committed and competent workforce, we need to ensure that there is adequate training and development provided for all our employees.
Scott Myles Interiors UK recognises the importance of supply chain management and operates an approved supply chain for both subcontracted trades and the supply of material and plant.
Through a culture of openness and trust we develop relationships with our key suppliers that offer our customers maintaining value for money.
A fully integrated supply chain enables Scott Myles Interiors UK to develop, at both pre and post contract stages, the opportunity of delivering innovative ideas. Though early involvement we are able to work in partnership with our tried and tested suppliers to deliver risk-free solutions.